The FRM220-CWMD modules are protocol and rate transparent allowing different services such as 10G Ethernet, 10GFC, STM-64, OC-192 to be transported across the same fiber link.
The passive FRM220-CWMD Mux/DeMux modules are available in 4,8 and 16-Channel (wavelength) models, supporting a variety of wavelength combinations and port configurations.
The small and compact size of the CWDM modules yields one of the highest port densities in the industry.
A 2U high 19-module FRM220 chassis populated with modules can yield up to 120 channels of capacity.
FRM220-CWMD modules are passive deviceas that require no external power.
They can also be installed in an FRM220 powered chassis with a NMC management module and can be managed using SmartView EMS device management software, third-party SNMP software, Telnet or a serial console port.
The modules can be installed in any FRM220 chassis equipped with other FRM220 media converters and transponders to provide a multi-service platform capable of delivering Ethernet, TDM, Voice and other services across a CWDM fiber common link.
- Full native mode performance
- Passive model requires no power
- Protocol transparent, no limitation▪
- tilizes industry standard ITU CWDM wavelength
- Standard LC connectors
- Passive device that can be installed in a powered chassis for managed applications
- Integration with Transponder in FRM220 chassis for CWDM application