These units are particularly well suited for protection in any type of fiber data transmission, including CWDM & DWDM links This solution includes monitoring capabilities for both the working and protected path fibers.
In case of a fiber cut in the active path, traffic will be switched over to the protected path in less than 50ms (FRM220-OPS51) or 20ms (FRM220-OPS52).
Monitoring is available through SNMP Management when both card is placed in FRM220 rack with SNMP management.
The management can view the converter card's status, type, version, fiber link status and alarms.
The card can be configured to enable or disable the port, reset the port, and configure receive threshold levels for path switching.
- Latch feature, if power is lost the switch remains in its current state
- Protection transition < 50 ms (FRM220-OPS51)
- Works with any combination of 1 ~16 wavelengths
- Traffic is switched in one of three modes : revertive, non-revertive, manual (OPS52) or non-revertive, manual (OPS51)
- Programmable Rx threshold setting for switch-over
- Optical Interface Type : LC connectors
- Working and protected lines are physically separated fiber