They are equipped with 24 SFP based 100Base-FX/1000Base-X dual speed optical ports and 4 10G Base-X SFP+ or 1000Base-X SFP uplink ports.
The MSW-4424A offers the best flexibility and scalability for operators and service providers to deploy their Metro Ethernet networks.
Aimed specifically at Metro Ethernet deployment, the specifications of MSW-4424A fully meet the attributes of Carrier Ethernet proposed by the Metro Ethernet Forum.
The switches comply with MEF 9 standard to support E-Line/E-Access services and MEF 14 standard to enable the bandwidth profile configuration for delivering SLA (Service Level Agreement) with predictable end-to-end performance characteristics.
MSW-4424A also supports advanced service OAM management to rapidly detect and recover from the network incidents in real time.
- Front access and hot swappable design
- All of the system modules are front accessible, the hot swappable power and FAN module are designed to keep high network availability without service interruption when components fail
- Fully dual rate architecture of fiber link port
- Dual speed fiber ports offer scalable physical connections for Metro Ethernet network operators
- Fully Ethernet OAM enabled
- Ethernet OAM features (IEEE 802.3ah/802.1ag/ITU-T Y.1731) help to rapidly detect and recover network faults and save OPEX for operators as well as increase customer satisfaction
MSW-4424A: 24x100/1000Base-X (SFP) + 4 x 10GBase-X SFP+ L2+ Gigabit Carrier Ethernet Switch